Disney for Two
My husband and I just recently did a trip to Disney without kids. It was wonderful and I really could have used a couple more days. Here a list of the top 10 things about going to Disney without kids.
1. You can eat what you want and when you want. We tried the barbecue chicken mac and cheese from Frier's Nook. It was amazing and a new favorite! This is something the kids would not have wanted and we could enjoy every bite.
2. Not needing a backpack, park bag, or stroller. We were able to carry everything we needed in our pockets and could walk past all the bag check areas. This was huge and such a time saver!
3. You can pick a resort for you. No worrying what amenities they have for kiddos. We stayed at the Polynesian Resort. It is now our favorite and we will definitely be going back. They have a great atmosphere and Trader Sam’s was so much fun that we made sure to go twice. It is now on my must do at Disney list.
4. Going to the festivals. Epcot Flower and Garden Festival was going on while we were there. We spent two days taking our time enjoying all the gardens, topiaries, and the food. We did not have kids complaining about being bored and wanting to do something else.
5. The pass holder entry line at the parks. This is not so much about going without kids as it is a nice perk. I really hope that Disney keeps these in place. They were much shorter and made getting into the parks much easier and faster.
6. Meet and Greets with your favorite characters. I know that meeting characters may seem childish when you are kid free, but it was more fun. I got to meet my favorite princess and it was magical. Meeting Ariel was so much fun and she was so sweet and one of the best character meet and greets I have had.
7. Wait times. So when I am with my kids I will not wait for longer than 20-30 minutes. I just will not subject myself to that kind of torture. When it is just the two of us, we don’t mind a 45 minute wait because it gives us a chance to talk and just hang out together. We are not watching to make sure our kids are not bumping into others or putting their mouths on rails.
8. You can walk around the parks so much easier. Not much else to add on this one. It is just easier to walk through the parks without a stroller.
9. You don’t need to worry about naps or bedtimes. We could sleep in and stay out late. Our time schedule did not revolve around tiny humans who need rest (or get up at the crack of dawn).
10. It is nice to see the park in a different way. When we go with our kids we focus on what they can do and what they like. On this trip it was completely up to us what we wanted to do. We could ride the rides we wanted and see what we wanted. There was no need to ride Buzz Lightyear again, but we could chill on The Peoplemover. I got Fastpasses for rides we never get to do, and loved riding old favorites. Oh how I really missed Test Track.
This is my list of the top 10 reasons to go to Disney without kids. Are there any others reasons you love Disney without kids?